SecondaryNet is a comprehensive and proprietary Transaction Management System which helps to increase liquidity in the secondaries marketplace for a global network of Buyers, Sellers, General Partners and Intermediaries. Our objective in creating SecondaryNet is to increase deal flow and growth in the secondaries market to the benefit of all current and future participants.
Take me to SecondaryNet’s benefits for:
SecondaryNet provides buying and selling LPs with a process for the transfer of fund interests under the guidance of secondaries experts, ensuring LPs are given the best execution tools to conduct a secondary transfer.
SecondaryNet seeks to provide:
- Active portfolio management: SecondaryNet brings deal flow from the largest network of buyers, sellers and intermediaries giving LPs the ability to actively deploy their capital. They have the opportunity to increase exposure to preferred fund managers and access new funds.
- Increased deal completion rates: Only committed selling LPs are present on the platform ensuring buyers transact on real and meaningful secondaries deal flow.
- Greater transparency during the sale process: Selling LPs are empowered through the platform and have increased control through a reliable transaction process.
- A useful avenue to crystallise value on non-core funds or tail-ends. Realignment of the portfolio is simple, fast and conducive to delivering superior returns to stakeholders.
- Increased efficiency: Transaction time and cost is reduced via the automated process offered through the platform.
- GP pre-approval of transaction participants significantly reduces the chance of deals falling through. With reduced execution risk, deal completion rate increases.
Back to top
SecondaryNet provides advisors with a tool to reduce the execution risk in the LP transfer process. Automation of systematic processes allows the advisor to focus on value adding tasks such as deal sourcing and completion, rather than transaction administration.
- An increased network of secondaries buyers and sellers. Advisors gain access to both traditional and non-traditional buyers and sellers through SecondaryNet’s extensive network coverage.
- Compressed deal completion time: The end-to-end Transaction Management System allows deals to be completed faster and saves time, resource and cost allowing advisors to source more deals and grow their business.
- Reduced deal execution risk: Increased deal completion rate is achieved as only committed sellers are present. The platform allows for the simple management of multiple fund portfolio sales to various buyers with less chance of process error and clarity throughout the transaction.
- Growth in the secondaries market: Secondcap’s coverage brings increased deal flow to advisors that adopt industry best practice via SecondaryNet.
- New opportunities: As advisors build deep relationships with more GPs via the platform, they establish heightened brand awareness through satisfying GP requirements, creating increased business opportunities.
- A secure legal environment, preventing risk of breach of conduct.
Back to top
SecondaryNet allows GPs to gain access to LPs that are looking to invest in their funds via a secondary transfer. GPs are also able to network with a universe of LPs that are interested in primary fundraising opportunities.
- Primary fundraising opportunities: GPs can increase their potential investor base by using SecondaryNet’s global network to replace existing LPs and create deep relationships for future fundraising.
- Full control over confidential fund information: Only qualified LPs are privy to confidential information once NDAs are signed, and GPs can provide consent for relevant participants to be granted access to underlying fund information.
- Best practice: SecondaryNet allows a superior deal process for LP replacement and selection, significantly reducing time, costs and execution risk.
- Efficiency: SecondaryNet reduces time wastage as the software systemises the process to allow GPs to focus on their core business.
- Access to tail end fund purchase specialists, which removes the burden of management and administration.
- Fiduciary duty fulfilment: GPs provide their LP base with the ability to replace interests via SecondaryNet.
- A Qualified Matching Service: Up to 10% annual transfer limit of LP interests to avoid triggering adverse tax consequences for US LPs.
- Access to the most accurate primary and secondary market intelligence on LPs.
Back to top